My research focuses on the socialization of the self—how social processes shape children’s self-views, and how these processes can be altered to help children flourish.
- Our Special Section in Child Development on the origins of children’s self-views has been published here. The findings underline the deeply social nature of self-development.
- Our Special Section in Journal of Abnormal Psychology on dark personality traits has been published here. The findings emphasize the need to understand how dark personality traits, such as narcissism, originate in childhood.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow, University of Amsterdam & Stanford University, 2016-present
- Postdoctoral researcher, University of Amsterdam, 2014-present
- Ph.D. (cum laude), Developmental Psychology, Utrecht University, 2015
- Fulbright Visiting Scholar, The Ohio State University & Stanford University, 2013-2014
- Research M.A. (cum laude), Social and Health Psychology, Utrecht University, 2011
- B.A. (cum laude), Psychology, Utrecht University, 2009