I am Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow at the University of Amsterdam and Stanford University.
My research focuses on the socialization of the self—how social processes shape children’s self-views, and how these processes can be altered to help children flourish.
- Accessible overviews of my work: here, here, and here.
- Our Child Development special section on the origins of children’s self-views.
- Our Journal of Abnormal Psychology special section on dark personality traits.
- Ph.D. (cum laude), Developmental Psychology, Utrecht University, 2015
- Fulbright Visiting Scholar, The Ohio State University & Stanford University, 2013-2014
- Research M.A. (cum laude), Social and Health Psychology, Utrecht University, 2011
- B.A. (cum laude), Psychology, Utrecht University, 2009
These sketchnotes, summarizing my research findings, were done by Debbie Donsky, EdD, whose amazing work can be found here.