I am an Assistant Professor at the University of Amsterdam.
My research focuses on the socialization of the self—how social processes shape children’s self-views, and how these processes can be altered to help children flourish.
- Accessible overviews of my work: here, here, and here
- My book on narcissism and self-esteem
- Our Child Development special section on the origins of children’s self-views
- Our Journal of Abnormal Psychology special section on dark personality traits
- 2016-2018: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow Stanford University & University of Amsterdam
- 2015: Ph.D., cum laude, Developmental Psychology, Utrecht University
- 2013-2014: Fulbright Fellow, The Ohio State University & Stanford University
- 2011: Research M.A., cum laude, Social and Health Psychology, Utrecht University
- 2009: B.A., cum laude, Clinical Psychology, Utrecht University, cum laude
These sketchnotes, summarizing my research findings, were done by Debbie Donsky, EdD, whose amazing work can be found here.