I am an Assistant Professor at the University of Amsterdam. From 2016-2018, I was Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow at the University of Amsterdam and Stanford University.
My research focuses on the socialization of the self—how social processes shape children’s self-views, and how these processes can be altered to help children flourish.
- Accessible overviews of my work: here, here, and here
- My forthcoming book
- Our Child Development special section on the origins of children’s self-views
- Our Journal of Abnormal Psychology special section on dark personality traits
- 2011-2014: Ph.D., cum laude, Developmental Psychology, Utrecht University
- 2013-2014: Fulbright Fellow, The Ohio State University & Stanford University
- 2009-2011: Research M.A., cum laude, Social and Health Psychology, Utrecht University
- 2006-2009: B.A., cum laude, Clinical Psychology, Utrecht University, cum laude
These sketchnotes, summarizing my research findings, were done by Debbie Donsky, EdD, whose amazing work can be found here.